Thursday, March 5, 2009

50% and 12% of the Way

I've been dieting and exercising for about a month and a half. I'm thrilled to say that I'm halfway to my weight goal! As of this morning, I stepped on the scale and discovered that I had lost 16 pounds. That was certainly a big boost to my morale. It's nice to see progress on the scale.


Today was also our day to do our incline walk. We headed back to Communications Hill, this time with the resolve to push ourselves further than we had pushed before. We did four sets of stairs, or 892 total stairs and 600 feet elevation. Duane would calculate this as approximately 12% of the total elevation change of the Half Dome hike.


What was gratifying about this walk up and down the stairs is that both of us are much less winded than the first time we did this. It's also taking less time, as well as being easier to accomplish. All in all a good evening!


We also managed to put Duane's camera into night mode and I snapped this photo of the view from Communications Hill. Beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment