Monday, March 30, 2009

Pooped

This was me today. Fortunately, I didn't have a lot to do except take our son to school and pick him up after his Taekwondo lesson.

The one thing that I did do was visit REI immediately after dropping my son off at school. New boots were the order of the day! This time, the sales lady was really helpful. I had brought in last month's pair of boots and she had me remove the insoles and then stand in them. Clearly, my toes were very near the end of the insole, which means that the boots were too small. I had no idea, since the boots are so stiff that it's impossible to depress the top of the toe area to find out where your toes are once inside the boot. So this was a neat trick. I went up a full size, this time trying them out with Superfeet replacing the included insole. These boots felt much better.

But would REI take the old boots back? I had a discussion with their customer service representative and was completely honest about having previously hiked in them several times. REI took the boots back, no questions asked. That was truly amazing! REI rocks! So I am now on my third pair of boots and hopefully this time, they will work!

I didn't do my incline walk today. I took a nap instead, after returning home from REI. I did have a meeting after dinner which I nearly slept through. Hoping to be recharged for tomorrow's workout at Foothill College.

No comments:

Post a Comment