Thursday, March 12, 2009

Coaching T-Ball

I didn't get my easy walk in today. I ran around all day. The phrase "stay at home mom" is an oxymoron if ever I've heard one. I rarely get to stay at home. My days usually consist of ferrying our son back and forth from school, soccer or T-Ball practice. In between those times, I'm doing the grocery shopping, and running all of the other errands that one does to keep things running smoothly. If I'm lucky, I get to stay home about once a week.

Today was a T-Ball day, and I wound up helping the coach with the children. Many years ago, I used to play in the San Francisco Bars Association softball league. That was an informal gathering of various law firms in the City who wanted to field softball teams. (The name was a parody of the local bar association and our league logo was a graphic of a martini glass.) Fortunately, I still had my Louisville Slugger mitt! The children had a lot of fun and I got some exercise walking around the field, pitching balls, and helping the children work out how to swing the bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment