Sunday, March 29, 2009

Car Wash Fundraiser

After resting the balance of Saturday, I got up for early morning Mass, and then we all headed out to the Sports Basement to wash cars for a fundraiser! All of the money donated is split between our Leukemia & Lymphoma Society accounts. Duane and I both got our cars washed as well. And no, the elephants did not make an appearance.

We broke out the buckets, hoses, shammy cloths, towels, soap and hubcap degreaser and cleaned cars from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. It was quite a bit of work and by the time we finished, I was pretty beat, especially in conjunction with yesterday's hike. I wonder how many calories are burned washing cars?

Hikers who couldn't make it all day, brought their cars in for a wash. Some of my amateur radio friends also showed up, and my Team in Training friends had fun learning about the "antenna farm" on the back of one of my friend's pickup.

The day went smoothly and our son even helped out. Anything with squirting water is fun, right!? The only glitch was that Mentor Deb left her car radio on too long and drained the battery. CSAA to the rescue! That's what they are for! All in all, it was a good day and we took in a total of $225 for the cause: $45 towards our goal of raising $3,200 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment