Thursday, March 26, 2009

Stanford Dish Walk

Today we had an incline walk on our schedule. At 5:00 pm, I picked up our son and headed for Palo Alto where I met Duane and other Team in Training participants for a walk to the Stanford Dish.

Poles and backpacks weren't really needed for this hike, which is on a paved trail. I used a fanny pack to carry a bottle of electrolyte and a bottle of water. That was really all I needed.

This was a nice medium walk up and down the rolling hills and amidst oak trees and grassy meadows. The dish itself is a radio telescope used for astronomy. I'm fairly certain that we walked by the Stanford amateur radio club as several ham radio HF antennas were also in evidence, as well as some very odd arrangements of 4 ham sticks qua dipole connected in an array. I'd love to know more about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment