Friday, May 15, 2009

Rest Day

Today was a rest day, so naturally I worked on amateur radio projects. I had coffee with a local ham. I attended my regularly scheduled Friday ham lunch. I went to Ham Radio Outlet with a friend and drooled over a new VHF/UHF radio and terminal node controller (a fancy name for what is essentially a modem) for a packet base station. I wound up buying a used VHF/UHF Kenwood tri-band radio and a new Kantronics KPC3+ terminal node controller.

Some women ask for diamonds and furs. Duane gets requests for electronics and antennas. I think he's learning to live with that!

This evening, we prepared to hike Mission Peak twice - again. We got our packs ready and had an early bed time because we plan to wake up at 3:00 am so that we can avoid hiking in the heat of the day. It's supposed to be a hot one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment