Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Vasona Perambulations

This morning I met a friend at Vasona Park and walked there instead of my usual neighborhood walk. Unfortunately, my neighbor was unavailable. It was a sultry day and not too hot. We walked around the lake.

This gave me a chance to break in my fourth new pair of boots. After our last hike at Mission Peak, I decided they were still just a smidge too small, so I returned them to REI and went up half a size larger.

These Asolo boots are strangely sized. I normally wear a size 10.5 to an 11, depending on the cut of the shoe. My current pair of boots are an 11 Men's. So these boots would be a 14 Woman's if they ran the same way. Strangely, however, when I put my boots next to Duane's size 11 tennis shoes, they are substantially shorter. The lathe that Asolo uses is not only narrower (why I am wearing men's boots), it is also shorter. Are Italian feet that much different than American feet? Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment