Monday, June 1, 2009

Funeral

A couple of days ago, I received an email informing me that one of my college professors, Dr. John Gleason, had passed away. The funeral was today and I drove to St. Hilary's Church in Tiburon, about an hour and a half away, to attend. Although I never formally had Dr. John Gleason for a class (he was a Shakespearean scholar), I did have his wife, Dr. Elizabeth Gleason, for a history class, and Dr. John filled in for her one day when she was absent.

The service and especially the music was lovely and the church in which it was held was quite beautiful even if modern. I saw some friends and professors.

There was not much time left in the day by the time I got back home. Time enough to pick up my son from taekwondo practice, do the household chores, cook dinner and do some webmastering.

No comments:

Post a Comment