Monday, June 8, 2009

Sleeping In ... Best Laid Plans

This morning, I had planned to sleep in. School is out! Duane got up to get ready for work at his usual time and as he was about to leave, I heard our son, who was already up, ask him for breakfast. A few negotiations registered in my sleepy brain and I heard them settle on some cold pizza.

The question is, would Duane remember to give our son the right leftover pizza? There were two sets of leftovers in the refrigerator: one with cheese (babysitter leftovers) and one without cheese (for our son).

I decided that I'd better get up and make sure this was sorted out or I'd be dealing with three hours of vomit - something I really didn't want to do on our first day of summer.

Unfortunately, Duane chose unwisely. By the time I got to the family room, one piece of cheese pizza had already been consumed. Duane made an emergency trip to the pharmacy to get some lactase pills, we gave one to our son, and then waited to see what would happen. Thankfully, it worked and he didn't throw up. Duane headed off to work but, of course, I was now wide awake. Harumph! Maybe tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment