Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Shopping IS Walking

Today our son and I drove up to the North Bay to spend some time with Nona and Bis-Nona. We went out to lunch and afterwards, we went shopping.

Normally, clothes shopping is something that I really don't much care for. When I do go, my visits are usually targeted search and find missions designed to find exactly what I want and get out of the store as soon as possible. Shopping with my mom is also uncomfortable because she'll know what size I am and because I don't want to be told again what I already know - that I need to lose weight.

Now that I've lost twenty pounds as a result of the training and I'm in better shape, I decided that this could be more fun. So it was off to Nordstrom for a few hours in the afternoon. I tried on some shoes, but I also had fun trying on some shirts and the clothes fit much better. I've lost a couple of dress sizes since February. Yeah! Mom bought me a nice shirt, some t-shirts and a couple of pairs of shoes. Thanks Mom! Best of all though, we had a nice visit and some girl talk.

We walked around the store for about two hours, so I guess I got my easy walk in today after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment