Friday, June 5, 2009

School's Out - Time to Head for the Beach

Today was my son's last day of school and there was half day dismissal. In celebration and in order to visit some friends who were in town on their last day of vacation, a bunch of us school moms drove to Capitola Beach.

The children had a great time playing in the sand and surf. The moms had a good visit. By the time we got home, it was almost 7:00 pm and I still had not packed our son's bag for his sleepover! I ran around the house in a whirlwind, got everything ready, fed everyone dinner and delivered our son to his sleepover about half an hour late.

Then I went home and prepared my pack for tomorrow's hike at El Corte de Madera. This will be our longest hike of the season before our Yosemite event, about eight to ten hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment