Friday, February 13, 2009

669 Steps

That's a few more than 39. Yeah.

We went back to Communications Hill today. We did the stairs twice - 6% of the elevation change of the Half Dome hike. We looked up at the stairs and then decided to do it one more time. So we're up to 9% It gets easier every time we do it. I'm a little less out of breath each time.

The view of the city is truly beautiful. Tonight as we were descending the stairs for the last time, we had a special treat. I looked up in the sky and saw a blimp fly quietly by, lit up from below by the city lights. Every time we get to the top of the hill, I lament the fact that I don't have a camera with me. My digital SLR is far too big and bulky to bring on the hike. Duane has had his eye on a new smaller, lightweight digital camera. He ordered it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment