Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Veggie Day

This morning the boots went back (after making sure that the soles were clean) to REI! I tried on yet 5 more pairs of boots. The Asolo boots seem to give my feet the most support without cutting into my Achilles tendon. Having more support is good as that will put less stress on my Achilles. The Vasque boots seem to have a bulge in just the wrong place, cutting across my tendon. And indeed, as one of our mentors suggested, the men's boots are a bit wider than the women's boots. I settled on a pair of gray/black boots. Unfortunately, the men's selection didn't have the same sale price as the women's selection, but I will probably be a lot more fashionable in basic black/gray. It also turns out that both Asolo and Vasque are Italian-made boots. Cool!

I didn't get my easy walk in today. I got caught up with running errands and my son got out of school at 12:30 pm. We went to lunch with some friends and I went off my diet for that meal. I stayed on it for the balance of the day so the damage to my caloric intake was minimized, but I was still over my limit. Bummer, but I had a good time. I'll have to get my easy walk in on Friday during the day.

The rest of my day was spent getting ready for a meeting and getting dinner together for my family before leaving. I wore my new boots, complete with two pairs of socks, for the rest of the evening, and these seem to fit more comfortably. They aren't pinching me across the foot like the previous pair. Saturday will be the real test as that is our first hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment