Monday, February 23, 2009

Back to the Future

Tonight it was back to Communications Hill - and I owe it all to Duane, who really is my best motivator.

I spent most of the day studying MySQL in an attempt to catch up on all the work I didn't do when I had bronchitis earlier this month. No walking for me, but I did get a lot of homework done.

I had dinner ready and waiting when Duane got home from work, but I had a meeting to go to at 6:45 pm. I didn't think I would have time to get my walk in, but we all finished dinner and, with half an hour before I had to go to my meeting, Duane suggested we try to get the incline walk done. Why not? We jumped into our cars and headed back to the hill, which is fortunately only a few short blocks away from home.

We had time to do the stairs twice before I had to leave to go to my meeting. 446 steps! Our son, of course, beat us both times (not surprising, but fun for him)! I'm noticing that it is getting easier to do these stairs and I'm not so out of breath when I get to the top. This evening I tried going up every other step, in an attempt to simulate the large granite steps that we will be climbing on our way to Half Dome. That's definitely kicking it up a notch and I couldn't continue for long.

We tried Duane's new tiny Canon Digital Elph camera at the top, so hopefully I'll have some new photos of the view from the staircase (when he downloads them onto his computer).

No comments:

Post a Comment