Sunday, February 15, 2009

Easy Walk at the Great Mall

Today's workout schedule called for an easy walk, about 45 to 60 minutes long. The only obstacle was that it was pouring down rain all day. Not that I'm complaining because we're currently in a drought and need the rain. But who wants to get wet while walking?

So we went to the largest mall we could find: The Great Mall in Milpitas, about 1,300,000 square feet and over 200 outlet stores. I think a lot of other people must have had the same idea, however, because it was so packed that it was difficult to walk with any speed. So we ambled along, doing two circuits of the mall. I logged about 8,000 steps today on my pedometer.

We had an early dinner at Outback Steakhouse and I managed to stay on my diet, resisting the lure of steak and the bloomin' onion. I had a shrimp caesar salad, dressing on the side. After yesterday's Valentine's Day repast, staying on my diet today was absolutely essential!

No comments:

Post a Comment