Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blessed Are Those Who Hunger...

.. and thirst, for they are sticking to their diets!

Day two went pretty well. For breakfast, I had two scrambled eggs and 2 slices of Canadian bacon. Lunch was 3 oz. of ham steak. This was perhaps a mistake as I didn't realise that the yolk contains so much fat (cholesterol). Dinner was more problematic, since I went to a party tonight. The party was at 7:00 pm, so I decided to skip dinner at my regular time and eat at the party. Dinner was approximately 3 oz. of grilled steak and grilled seasoned pork. As this was a "Moms and Margarita" party, I did allow myself one small margarita, but that was all. I didn't nibble anything else, despite the fabulous looking, most tempting guacamole. The party was fabulous! Many thanks to our hosts!

I am hydrating quite a bit, which is necessary with this diet. Lots of water and some diet sodas. My favorite water is Hint, though it can be hard to find. If you have a Whole Foods nearby, they carry it and sometimes, Costco. No calories, carbonation, or synthetic sweeteners - just water with the essence of some fruit, such as watermelon, blackberry, pear, and lime. Yum!

Even so, the margarita put me over my calorie limit by the amount of the margarita.

Calories In: 795

Protein: 49.7%
Carbohydrates: 12.42%
Fats: 37.92%

No comments:

Post a Comment