Friday, June 18, 2010

Today is the First Day...

...of my new high protein diet. I've been exercising for months and no weight loss has happened.

I've had it. This is WAR!

I've signed on to a medically supervised diet regimen. For the first week, I'm allowed to eat 6-700 calories of protein a day. Because this is a very low calorie diet, I have to take some high quality dietary supplements. Nothing outrageous, just lots of vitamins and minerals. The idea is to burn up all the energy from carbs in my body, so that I start burning fat, while at the same time maintaining muscle mass.

I had a chocolate whey protein shake for breakfast. It was okay, but only just. Then I did my usual one hour boot camp workout at 24 Hour Fitness. For lunch, I had 3 ounces of Canadian bacon.

I managed to get through most of the day without blowing it. Almost, but not quite. When I put away my son's remaining Mint Milanos, I "sneaked" one.


By dinner, I was really hungry. But it's date night, the night Duane and I usually go out for dinner and a movie. We met at the mall and I had 3 ounces of grilled chicken and a Diet Coke for dinner. I then went shopping while Duane finished his dinner. If I was thinking I wouldn't have to see his food, I was right about that, but wrong in that there was food everywhere else. Even the corndogs, which I despise, looked good. Sort of. Well, not really. I walked away quickly.


We went to see Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time tonight, which was excellent, but without the popcorn. Thankfully, Duane spared me and he didn't get any either.


Total Calories In: 651
Total Calories Burned: 589


Protein: 64.33%
Carbohydrates: 19.8%
Fat: 15.79%

No comments:

Post a Comment