Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cancelled

I woke up coughing several times last night. Ugh. So when I did wake up at 7:30 am, it was apparent that today's hike was not going to happen. I still have a low grade fever and am congested, even though I can tell that the antibiotics are starting to work. I called my friends on my amateur radio and told them we weren't going to make it.

I'm really disappointed. I was really looking forward to this hike and, especially trying out my new boots on the trail.

Unfortunately, neither Duane nor I were able to rest in the afternoon. Our son's Taekwondo class had a charity "breakathon" to support school tuition for poor children in Mexico. (They break boards for pledges of so much money per board.) And then right after that, he had a TBall game. We went out to dinner and didn't get home until 7:30 pm. At least I didn't have to cook, but was really tired when I got home.

On a positive note, Duane has located a foot store! I will visit tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment