Thursday, April 2, 2009

Drive By

Ran around like a crazy woman today. I'm sure I burned some calories just doing that.

After lunch, I also did a drive by to try to find the foot store that the chiropractor talked about when he visited our Tuesday night workout. It was supposed to be across the street from the Valley Fair shopping mall. I drove by three times and still didn't see anything that looked like a foot store. Where could it be?


The chiropractor tipped me off that the numbness and pain in the ball of my foot could be related to problems with the metatarsal arch. When that begins to fall, it can cause pain because the arch is no longer able to act like a shock absorber. This can apparently lead to bunions as well as hammer toe. Sometimes the pain is also caused by a lessening of the fat pad in the bottom of the foot as well.

Placing a small metatarsal arch support in the small of the metatarsal arch is supposed to correct this. It's certainly worth a try!

Now, if only I could find them. Walgreen's and Long's don't carry them. REI doesn't carry them. I need to find a foot store!

No comments:

Post a Comment