Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday: Busy But Still Time for God

I had a ton of things that needed to get done today. Ginger, our golden retriever, got into the muddy garden yesterday and needed a bath, comb out and grooming desperately. I spent the first part of my morning looking for a Petco that had an opening in its grooming department. She also had to go to the kennel, in advance of our vacation. There will be no time to get her there tomorrow, since we will be hiking in Sanborn park during their Saturday business hours.


And speaking of grooming, our son was well past the time for a haircut. We handled that as well since there was no school today. There were other errands that needed attending to as well. There will be no time to do them tomorrow.

My amateur radio group meets for lunch on Fridays. It was a spartan lunch for me, since this was Good Friday. The Stations of the Cross and Good Friday service occurred immediately after lunch. Then it was back to running errands and trying to get some packing done for our vacation. I'm sure I burned quite a few calories today.

The good news is that I have been wearing my orthotics in increasing increments over the past week. They seem to be working well, and the pain that I get in the ball of my foot has pretty much disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment