Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Surrender - I Give Up

I'm done. I surrender. I'm tired of waking up at 5:45 am, just to get to our hike and freeze in the fog. On a Saturday which is my only day of the week to sleep in. I'm tired of having to go behind a tree/bush. Who do I think I am? Nature Girl? I hate sweat.

Half Dome? Am I absolutely insane?

My boots STILL aren't right. I'm tired of doing all my errands and getting my workout in at the end of the day. I give up my Tuesday nights to . . . run up and down stadium bleachers? Run around a track in hiking boots?

Worse yet, we're only 50% of the way to our financial goal, in a down economy. I wonder how many more emails I have to send, how many more coupons I need to sell, how many more requests I have to make. Have I mentioned that I detest fundraising?

And then there's my teammates. Val Kilmer? Really, Reggie? Val Kilmer?!?!? It just makes me want to scream!

And if you believe any of this, I'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge too. Real cheap. Didn't you know it's up for sale?

No comments:

Post a Comment